Jake Silbermann is funding his latest project via Indie Go Go. He's raised over $20,000 but they are still need more funds. If you have the time, please stop by their page to learn more about how to help get this great project funded!
To celebrate this season, we're reviving our old tradition of improv fics! Need some help getting inspiration for a fic? All you have to do is write a fic (no matter how long or short) that uses every word below by February 1, 2013!
Write a fic that uses these 4 words:
Shiver, Tree, Rub, Shimmer
As with our previous improvs, you are welcome to pluralize or add prefixes or suffixes to any word (example: "shivering" is acceptable as is "trees", etc.).
Place any fic that you'd like to submit in this category by February 1st!
Good luck to anyone who wishes to participate! If this goes well, we'll continue doing this in 2013! If you have any questions, please feel free to post in the Shoutbox and I'll update this post to clear up any confusion!
Edit: Deadline Now Extended until February!
Friday, June 1st is a special day for the Luke/Noah fandom. On this day five years ago, Noah made his first apperance on As The World Turns. His first episode marked the start of the Nuke storyline and the little fandom that we've all become part of!
To celebrate this day, I thought we'd have a little celebration! There are several way you can join in!
First, if you're a writer you can write a fic! I've created a new category for Anniversary fanfics! Write any story about Luke and/or Noah reflecting on or celebrating the day they met and place it in our brand new June 1st category!
If you need some ideas for fics, here are a few challenges I've created for the day that you can respond to:
Another way to celebrate is to recommend your favorite Noah fics! If you know of a fic with a great Noah storyline, then let us know in the comments to this post! Post the link below and maybe let us know why you love it!
If we get responses to this, we'll do another anniversary celebration in August to celebrate their first kiss!
Fic of the Month: April Nominees
We had a lot of nominations this month and the nominees were incredibly diverse! Because of the sheer amount of nominated fics and because I couldn't really narrow it down to five clear winners (since nominations were split among so many different fics) I've selected the top 9!
- A Question of Love by Appassionata
- A Christmas Reunion by Buttercup
- Luck of the Irish by Cindyls1969
- Crash and Burn by Ficnic
- Two Less Lonely People by Luvbuddy26
- How Victorian: At University by Neddiheht
- We Met Under the Boardwalk by Seajellybaby
- The Trouble With Texting by Valenti1965
- It's Still Just Love by Wheelie47
Vote for your favorite in the poll to your left. You can vote until April 30th when the winner will be announced!
Fic of the Month: April Nominations!
After much too long of a hiatus, the Fic of the Month contest is offically re-starting now!
Remember, that this contest can't run without nominations so be sure to get your picks in soon!
Since I've seen a lot of questions, here is the link for the Van Hansis message board that was formerly at vanhansis.net:
State of the Site
A few notes and notices about the site!
Things of Import
- Authors: Please do not use quotes in story or chapter titles. Readers who use the latest versions of Google Chrome will not be able to access your fiction if quotes are used in the titles!
- Due to abuse by a few members, readers can no longer rate fics without leaving a review.
- Please do not create multiple accounts in order to spam an author with negative reviews. I've turned action logging on so that I can now track the IP addresses of reviewing users. If I find any users to be harassing an author through multiple accounts, I will ban their IP from accessing the site!
- If you use IE and need to contact me, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly. There is a problem between IE and the forms on this site that cause them to come through blank. Unfortunately, it's not a problem that I can seem to fix. Hopefully, a bugfix will come out eventually that will solve this. Until then, emailing me directly or posting in the Shoutbox is the most reliable way to get in touch with me!
In Need of Help
This site requires a lot of work and time to be run properly so I'm hoping to add a few new co-mods that would be willing to help make sure the site stays online and running as smoothly as possible!
Any potential co-mods would NOT have to know HTML or need any coding skills. Co-Mods would be given access to the admin panel and would be asked to help with a few things:
- Reviews: We've had some recent issues with users spamming/trolling ratings and reviews. I need a user or two who would be willing to keep a close eye on fanfiction reviews to make sure they remain polite. This needs to be someone who visits this site regularly and has enough free time to read over new reviews often!
- Story Submission: I've been a little slow about validating new fics recently. Anyone who'd be willing to help read over fics and approve them would be very appreciated!
- Fic of the Month: I've already had a few wonderful volunteers and I'm looking into a few ways to make the contest go more smoothly when it returns.
If you're interested in helping with any of these things please email me. Be sure to include your username and what you'd be willing to help with. I'll then contact you with more details and things you'd need to know. I'd love to have new co-mods appointed within two weeks so please contact me as soon as possible if you're willing!
Various Other Things
There is a new layout available that should make the site more readable on mobile devices and to users who are visually impaired. Choose 'vision' from the Layout Options (on the left) to use the layout! Many of the extra features on the site won't show up in that layout but it's great for those of you who want to read fic on their tablets or smartphones!
This site continues to cost a significant amount to run. I try to cover costs as much as I can but it can get a little overwhelming at times. If you have a few dollars to spare, please consider donating to the hosting of this site. Any donation is greatly appreciated!
One finale note: Thanks to all users who emailed me with suggestions and comments. I'm taking all suggestions into consideration and I will try to implement what I can as far as feature improvements.
I'm waiting until I've appointed co-mods before I make any decisions on suggested rule changes. Once co-mods are decided, we will discuss and possibly make a few changes to our Rules/TOS.
If anyone has any further comments or suggestion, please feel free to email me or comment here!
A few months ago a user of this site suggested we do fanfiction awards. I've spent the last few months planning and now we're ready to get started!
Our first goal is to decide on categories for awards. Below is what I've come up with so far:
I. BEST NUKEFIC.COM FANFICTION
Fiction nominated in the following categories must currently be posted on NUKEFIC.COM.
- BEST FLUFF: For fanfiction that is fluffy, sweet, and insanely romantic.
- BEST ANGST: For fanfiction that makes you hurt, cry, and beg for more.
- BEST ONE-SHOT: For one-chaptered fanfiction.
- BEST MULTI-CHAPTERED STORY: For fanfiction with more than one chapter.
- BEST SERIES: For fanfictions that have multiple stories, sequels, etc....
- BEST NOAH: For fanfictions that portay the most accurate, in-character, and well-written version of Noah Mayer
- BEST LUKE: For fanfictions that portay the most accurate, in-character, and well-written version of Luke Snyer
- BEST HOLIDAY FANFICTION: For fanfictions centered around Christmas, Thanksgiving, or any other holiday!
- BEST FANFICTION OVER 1 YEARS OLD: To make sure that older fics get some love too.
- BEST FANFICTION OVER 2 YEARS OLD: Same here.
- BEST FANFICION OVER 3 YEARS OLD: Ditto.
- BEST FANFICTION OVERALL: For only the best fanfiction. One-shots, multi-chaptered stories, and series are all eligigble!
- BEST AUTHOR: For your favorite writers.
II. BEST NON-NUKEFIC.COM FANFICTION
Fiction nominated in the following categories (a) must not be posted at NUKEFIC.COM, (b) must still be online!
- BEST ONE-SHOT
- BEST SERIES - UNFINISHED
- BEST SERIES - FINISHED
- BEST FANFICTION OVERALL
- BEST AUTHOR
Now, here's where I need your help... What do you think? Are there categories that you think we should add? Are there some you think might not get nominations?
I was considering adding a series of 'Best Storyline' categories (where it would be broken down by ATWT storylines, example: 'Best Luke/Noah/Maddie Storyline Fic', 'Best Brian Storyline Fic', 'Best Z Twins Fic', 'Best Reid Storyline Fic', etc...). Do you guys think we'd get enough nominations in those categories?
Opinions, suggestions, and ideas are all needed!
Please post your thoughts and category suggestions in the comments and not on the shoutbox so I can keep everything organized!
Once we have the categories completely decided, we can work out timing and the rest of the details and get this started!
Fic of the Month: August
Reluctant Hero by Aspirwriter
Fic of the Month: July
Days Like These by Wheelie47
The Fic of the Month poll is finally back after a short hiatus. This month, we have a total of ten nominees since we had so many nominations over the break. Congrats to everyone who was nominated. Vote for your favorite fic in the poll on the left side of the page! Nominees are below!
Extraordinary Patient by bibong
Finding Mr. Right by Blakie
Switch Hitter by blonde
Dare by ficnic
The Mayer Family by jberri79
This Boy by luvbuddy26
Another Step by Seajellybaby
Finding Light by Seajellybaby
A Love to Remember by Tirpse
Days Like These by wheelie47
If your favorites didn't get nominated, remember to nominate them so that they will next month. Cast your nominations here. You can nominate up to 10 different fics (or nominate the same fic 10 times). The five fics with the most nominations will be included in next month's poll!
Fic of the Month: February Nominees
Bad Romance by Sidd
From the Heart by ficnic
Luck of the Irish by cindyls1969
Precious Discovery by Seajellybaby
Their Happy Ending by iheartnukie
You can vote for your favorite on the right hand side of this page. Good luck and congrats to all nominees! The poll will close on February 25th and the winner will be announced shortly after!
Fic of the Month: January
Congrats to Pretty Boy by Blonde for being crowned this month's Fic of the Month Winner!
Now, be sure to get your nominations in for next month! The five fics with the most nominations will be tallied in early February, so that you can all vote for next month's winner!
Nominate your favorite fics right here! You are allowed to nominate any fics that did not win this month!
First, we have a new system for fic of the month! At the beginning of each month, I will tally all fanfiction nominations. I'll then put up a poll on the front page that includes the five most frequently nominated fictions.
Readers will then be able to vote for the fic that they would like to see win! Winners will be announced at the end of each month!
I'm hoping that this will help the contest be more fun and fair!
Pretty Boy by Blonde
Shut Your Eyes by Aspirwriter
This Boy by Luvbuddy26
Tornado by Chips
Westfield Academy by Lukenoahangels
You can vote for your favorite on the right hand side of the front page (above the shoutbox). Good luck and congrats to all nominees!
The monthly improv has also been updated!
Snow, Hug, Fireworks, New
Write your fic containing all of the words and post it in this category! Please post all submissions by January 31, 2010! Multi-chaptered fics do not have to be complete by that date, but at least 1 chapter (that includes all four words) should be posted by then! I will post a new set of words in early February!
Fic of the Month and the Monthly Improv are on hiatus for the month of December due to the holidays!
You can keep submitting improv fics and nominations for Fic of the Month through the end of the month! I'll post new improv words and the next FOTM winner early in the new year!
First, congratulations to MDFawn whose fic I'll Be Waiting won Fic of the Month for November! Be sure to start getting your votes in for next month here! You can cast up to 10 votes per month!
Next, big thanks to ElleBelle and Chips for participating in our first ever monthly improv! Be sure to read their fics here to see how they used October's improv words!
This month's words are:
Family, Sweet, Emma, Picture
Try and write a fic that includes all four words. Remember to post any submissions here! At least one chapter of the fic must be posted before November 30, 2010!
Since the show has ended I thought it might be nice to start a monthly challenge to encourage writers and readers to keep writing and reading!
So, starting in October we'll be trying out a monthly improv. I will post 4 words each month and your goal is to write a fic using all four words! Your fic can be as short or as long as you'd like, but it must be complete before the end on the month!
If enough people participate, we'll do this every month!
Just a few rules...
- Fic written for the improv should be placed in the appropriate month's category!
- All 4 words must be in the fic!
You can have any prefixes or suffixes attached to any word (example: you can use "loving" if one of the improv words is "love") just as long as the word is there!
- You can submit as many fics per month as you'd like
- Your fic can be set at any time during the Luke/Noah storyline or it can be completely AU
This month's words are:
Farm, Breeze, Red, Fright
Write your fic containing all four words and post it here!
Please post all fics by October 31, 2010! I'll post a new set of words in early November!
New Layout Options
As you've probably noticed, I've been hard at work today on a new layout. I'm still in the process of tweaking the design a little, so please be patient.
I hope to have everything settled (and a few new layout options up) soon!
If you have suggestions or requests, please feel free to let me know! And please do report any errors you spot or problems you run into so that I can fix them!
Help Keep This Site Online!
Keeping this site online can be a bit expensive. If you'd like to help, please consider making a small donation to this site's hosting bill. Any donations will go directly into this website's account.
If you'd like to donate you can do so here:
Any help (no matter how little) would be massively appreciated! Our goal is to raise $150 so that I can pay for the site's hosting for one full year!
If you'd prefer to help in other ways, there are several ways that would be tremendously helpful to me! I have several big projects that I'm working on that I think would help make the site easier to use. I've been hard at work on making some layout changes and new feature additions and that is currently taking up most of my time with the site. The rest are the projects that I would love some help with:
- Most older fics have not been sorted into categories yet. I'd love some help with that. All you'd need to do is go through the archive and sort any fic that doesn't have a category into one.
- Formatting. I need people with HTML experience who'd be willing to help me format the stories better/more uniformly. There are several fics that aren't double spaced or that have other formatting issues. If you'd be willing to work on this, I'd really appreciate it. This will be the most time-consuming project!
- Timeline/Warnings/Characters. Some (mostly older) fics don't have proper classifications listed. If you'd be willing to skim a few fics and make sure that the correct Timelines, Warnings, and Characters are selected, that would be appreciated.
If you'd be willing to help with any of these, please let me know and I can give you more information and instructions!
Or if you have any questions, feel free to contact me! I'd be happy to answer any questions!
I have a ton of fics in the queue at the moment. I apologies for the backup. I'm working on clearing it out a few fics at a time. Hopefully, everything will be sorted through soon!
If your fic hasn't been approved yet, you can help me speed the process up by checking to make sure that (a) your fic is appropriate for the archive, and (b) the format is correct.
Remember that all fics posted here have to be about the romantic relationship between Luke and Noah! If your fic isn't, it won't be approved!
As for format, please don't use excessive spacing, bolding, or italics. But please do double space (hit enter twice) between paragraphs. If there's too many format errors in your fic, your fic will be push back to the bottom of the queue until I have time to fix everything!
Also, please spell check your work before posting! I'm pretty relax on this rule, but if your fic makes my spell check light up like a Christmas tree, it won't be approved! :)
Changes and New Features
As you've probably noticed, I've been working on adding a few new features to the site recently. I'm still hard at work, but I thought I'd point out some things that might be of interest to the writers and readers on this site!
- If you need someone to beta read your fic, you can find a list of all members who are willing here.
- Challenges! If you have an idea for a fic, post it here. If you write a fic in response to a challenge, be sure to link your fic to the challenge!
- Recommendations: Recommend a Luke/Noah fanfic that is not posted on this site and tell us why you love it!
I'll be adding to this thread as I continue working on the site!
Fic of the Month: Nominations for September
Is there a fanfiction that you think should be picked as next month's Fic of the Month? Let me know by filling out the form here or posting your choice in the comments!
Updated on August 2nd:
Congrats to Chips for getting the most votes last month. Read the winning story here if you haven't already!
Votes for August's winner have been removed. All other nominations have been kept.
We do NOT allow ANY fics that end with Luke or Noah with anyone besides each other. Luke/Reid (or any other Luke/Other or Noah/Other relationships) are allowed only if they are an obstacle that Luke/Noah will eventually overcome.
If your story does not end with Luke/Noah together, NukeFic.com isn't the proper place for it!
Fics that do not end up with Luke/Noah together will be removed from this site.
This site is for fanfiction about the relationship between Luke and Noah. We allow fics that include Luke/Other and Noah/Other, but only if the other relationship is an obstacle or roadblock that Nuke will eventually overcome. Any story that does not fit this guideline will be removed from the site. If you believe a story does not fit this rule, please contact me and I will look into it!
Also, please spell and grammar check your fanfiction before posting. I've gotten several complaints about fic with poor spelling lately!
Ratings & Reviews
Please do not spam the ratings feature on this site. Any user who is caught repeatedly tampering with a fanfiction's ratings (including their own) will have their account banned. Users are encouraged to rate and review all chapters of the stories they read, but please do not rate any chapter more than once or twice!
Also, please keep all reviews polite. Everyone is encouraged to leave feedback for authors (including constructive criticisms on what you don't like), but please remain civil. Flames will not be tolerated!
Character bashing is also not tolerated on this site. If you hate Luke or Noah, this site is probably not the best place for you.
Finally, as with posting fanfiction, please try to spell check your reviews!
Luke/Other and Noah/Other
Because I know that many people prefer not to read stories that feature Luke or Noah with other people, I have added two new warnings labels.
If any of your fanfictions feature Luke or Noah with anyone besides each other, please edit your fic to include these warnings!